Supple Lite Bar Tape is designed to provide comfort and grip for long days in the saddle on rough terrain. It is tacky, soft, and has a clean look when wrapped and finished. At 2.5mm thick and 40mm wide, it is half as thick and just as wide as our Supple Bar Tape. This makes for a slimmer option that has a distinctly different feel.
- 2.5mm thick
- 40mm wide
EVA foam compound absorbs vibrations and conforms to your hands for greater comfort.
Soft, tacky texture keeps your hands from slipping in all weather conditions with or without gloves.
Easy to install. 3M adhesive backing keeps tape securely in place.
- Thickness can be adjusted from 2.5mm to 5mm based on the amount of overlap.
Includes: bar plugs, polyurethane finishing tape, and brake clamp cover tape.
NOTE: Overstretching the tape may cause it to tear. To get a feel for maximum tension, find a ruler and stretch 10 inches of tape to 11.5 inches. This is about as far as you want to stretch the bar tape when wrapping your bars; the max stretch on Supple Lite Bar Tape is 12 inches.
For the smoothest feel, aim for a 25mm stagger. Increasing the overlap will provide additional cushion, but will create a surface with ridges (which some folks like for added grip).
You'll want to have scissors, mallet, and a marker/pen on hand. Here's how to get started:
1) Grab the end of the tape to get a sense of its strength and stretch.
2) Adjust the lever body (shifter/brake hoods) close to final position.
3) Use tape (not provided) to hold the brake and shifting housing to the handlebars.
4) Roll back the rubber hood covers away from the handlebars.
5) Beginning at the bar end, wrap bars inward, moving toward the stem.
6) Once the bar tape has been wrapped to within a desired distance to the stem, apply the polyurethane finishing tape for a clean, final touch.
7) Insert bar end plugs.
8) Ride off-road with comfort.
||All road bike drop bars
2.5mm thick | 40mm wide | 152cm long
||77 grams (for 2 rolls)