Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Sustain
When considering the Reverb and listening to riders' and mechanics' comments about their experiences, we realized that many ergonomic, consistency, and maintenance issues could be addressed by removing the secondary hydraulic system in favor of a simple cable and mechanical actuator.
Our Sustain mechanism leaves the internal brake untouched while simplifying the Reverb system substantially, freeing up significant space inside of the seatpost while allowing the use of our proven, robust, and easily-serviced ReMote lever. Tactile feedback is improved, return speeds are accelerated, and lever throw is reduced.
The Wolf Tooth Sustain mechanism features the following:
- A leak-proof, robust, and low-maintenance mechanical actuation system
- Easy cable detachment for service or shipping
- A 40mm (1 5/8in) reduction of in-frame height when compared to Connectamajig-equipped Reverbs
- Straightforward 15-minute installation
- Reverb Stealth generation A2 and B1 compatibility
...and brings with it all of the benefits of the class-leading Wolf Tooth ReMote including:
- Wolf Tooth's low-profile, high-traction lever
- Easily-installed UpFront cable fixing
- A large-diameter 21mm ball-bearing pivot
- Our low-torque Cable-Kind Clamp
- A solidly-mounted, rattle-free integrated cable adjuster
- The industry-first breakaway axle pivot, making the inevitable mishaps less (financially) painful
- Compatible with Rockshox Reverb A2 and B Spec Stealth (internal) routing dropper posts.
- NOT compatible with A1 spec Reverbs
- NOT compatible with non-Stealth (externally routed hydraulic hose)
- A2 Spec has no marking at the top of the stanchion and the speed adjuster knob is black (vs Silver for the A1)
- B Spec has gold "Rockshox" written at the top of the stanchion
- Material - 6061 T6 Aluminum with Delrin Axle
- Mounting Types
- ReMote IS-AB for Shimano I-Spec A or B - Includes IS-AB Hardware
- ReMote IS-AB for Shimano works for some Hope Brakes.
- ReMote IS-II for Shimano I-Spec II - Includes IS-II Hardware
- ReMote MM SRAM/Avid MatchMaker X - Does NOT include the MatchMaker hardware.
- ReMote 22.2mm - includes hinged handlebar clamp for 22.2mm handlebars
- Weight - Shimano IS-AB - 31g, Shimano IS-II - 33g, SRAM MM - 42g, 22 (hinged clamp) - 36g